I haven’t posted on here randomly in a while. But today, I figured I’d share some of my favorite quotes with the word “stupid” in them (or at least, referencing someone who is acting like a complete idiot/moron/stupidhead/etc.)
I present you my top 5 favorite “stupid” quotes. (One of them has “idiot” instead of “stupid”. Close enough.)
5. “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” Albert Einstein’s quote here is great. No clue how human stupidity keeps growing/going? Really? Example one: Jersey Shore was given the green light to start filming sometime ago. Example two: Jersey Shore was given the green light to start filming a fifth season just a few months ago. That’s 5 times more stupid than we were 5 years ago.
4. “Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.” I do not know who to attribute this to, but it is so true.
3. “Stupid is as stupid does.” This line was said brilliantly by Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump. It was actually said many times throughout the film. Sadly, thanks to advances in the internet, this seems to have taken on a new meaning.
2. “You can’t catch stupid.” This is from one of the best TV shows out there that is being cancelled too soon: Eureka. Sheriff Carter is talking to Deputy Jo Lupo and explaining how everyone at the geek haven known as Global Dynamics is acting stupid, to which Jo replies “Carter, you can’t catch stupid.” Of course, Zane’s following line of “This may be my favorite conversation of all time” adds to the hilarity of the moment.
1. “It’s not their fault they’re stupid.” This last one is attributed to my friend Katherine. Katherine and I have been friends since we were 12 or 13. Our senior year of high school, we had American Government together. In this class, we had one day where we were to work in groups of 3 or 4 on a paper. Since Katherine and I sat next to each other, it was pretty common that we worked together on stuff like that. Our assignment was something like this:
“A large group of people are stranded on a desert island and decide to setup a new nation. Answer these questions in relation to this scenario.”
And question #2 went something like this: “Should the more intelligent people be automatically placed into leadership based off their knowledge?” (First, of all, what nation actually has the most intelligent people in political power? Answer: NONE of them. And second…) Without skipping a beat, Katherine responded with, “No, it’s not their fault they’re stupid.”
When we turned in our paper, the teacher said he didn’t like the answer to #2 (our group of 4 believed he thought the answer was “yes” and that he would be included as one of the “intelligent ones”. Those who know Mr. Martinez may ROFL now.) Katherine of course gave a brilliant BS response and this “It’s not their fault they’re stupid” will forever be my favorite “stupid quote.
Alien abductions are involuntary, but probings are scheduled.
Filed under: Random Day |